Did you say street food? If you have been on the coat of new England, especially around Kennebunkport, you will have tried this traditional Maine street food…. probably the most luxurious street food there is… but so good, so fresh and so tasty… A summer memory you cannot forget.
For this you will need:
For 2 or 3 large rolls:
- 4 medium sized lobsters ready cooked
- 1/4 of Mayonnaise (take the best you can find or make it yourself, go on…)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 or 3 Hot dog rolls
- 1/2 stick of soft butter
- Paprika powder
- Slat and pepper
Preparing the rolls…
- Remove the shells from the lobsters, trying to keep the claws whole.
- Set the claws aside and cut the rest of the lobster in small pieces.
- Cut the celery in small pieces
- In a bowl, combine te lobster, celery, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the mixture for at leat 1 hour.
- Open the Hot Dog rolls and bread both interior sides with butter.
- Warm a large frying pan and place the roll butter side down on the hot pan. Fry until golden brown.
- Fill the rolls with the lobster mix and a claw on the top for decoration, sprinkle with paprika and a little bit of chives…
- Eat with a glass of Chardonnay…. Bon appetit as they say over there.