So you have made too much potato purée, don’t throw the rests away, in fact never through any rests away… today we are going to make potato croquettes. Delicious, simple and easy…. if you want you can also try the potato waffles here.
What do you need…
For 4 persons
- 4 cups of the potato purée
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A deep fryer or a deep pan with oil
- take the rest of the potato puree and roll it in a sausage shape. Use some cling wrap to roll it. Like this, you can keep the potato puree in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- Unwrap the potato puree and cut it in 2 inches (5cm) pieces. Count about 3 to 4 per person.
- Break and whisk the eggs in the small container, place the bread crumbs in another one.
- Put 1 tsp of salt and 2 tsp of pepper in the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Roll the potato bit in the beaten eggs to cover all sides.
- Roll the egg covered potato bit in the bread crumbs to cover all sides.
- Repeat the operation once, roll back in the eggs and than in the bread crumbs. Add more eggs and more crumbs if needed.
- Without waiting, place inside the hot oil using a spoon.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, using a skimmer and place on absorbing paper for about one minute.
- Serve hot.
And there you have it, a simple and delicious way to use the rests… Bon appetit!