So, you still made more potato purée than needed, and you have already tried the potato croquettes, or you want a new way for the children to eat potatoes… whatever the reason here is a fun and easy way to present potatoes… Enjoy!
For this recipe you will need:
For 4 persons
- 5 cups of potatoes purée from this recipe.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped flat parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Butter for the waffle maker
- One non stick waffle maker
- Warm up the potato purée leftovers and mix in the flour.
- Add the cheese and the parsley.
- Taste and correct the seasoning if needed.
- Make sure the waffle maker is really hot and and brush with butter.
- Place the equivalent of 1/3 cup of mix inside the waffle maker (times two for a double waffle maker)
- Close your waffle maker and let it cook, there is a chance the first waffle will stick to the waffle maker. It takes about 5 minutes to cook, depending on your waffle maker. Leave the waffle to cook at least two minutes before you attempt to open the waffle maker.
- Slowly open the waffle maker and check if cooked, you can help yourself with a wooden skewer to detach the waffle from the waffle maker. The waffle should be golden brown.
- Serve when hot as a side dish…. I am sure you will enjoy this…