Tian de Tomates et courgettes a la ventrèche de thon.
A “Tian” is a speciality dish from the Provence area in the south of France. The word shares a common root with the Berbère word “Tajine”, though slightly different in the way they are prepared, they both involve a terracotta or pottery dish and oven cooking. Tians are made with mediterranean vegetables like eggplants, zucchinis, onions, bell peppers and of course tomatoes. They can be vegetarian or with meat, fish or eggs. It is a very local dish seldom found in other regions of France. It is a very easy and summery dish that i am sure, you will enjoy…
The shopping list…
For two persons
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes.
- 2 medium sized zucchinis.
- About 10 to 12 oz (around 300gr) of tuna belly (Ventresca from Flott, Ortiz, Callipo, etc…).
- 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- 1/2 tbsp herbs de Provence.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat the oven at 350 ° F (180 ° C)
- Cut the tomatoes and the zucchinis in half and slice them thinly.
- Peel the garlic clove, cut off the end and rub the garlic all over the inside of the oven dish.
- In the oven dish, star arranging the vegetables and Tuna by layer… Alternate the colours.
- Arrange the layers as tight as possible.
- Sprinkle with the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut the rest of the garlic clove very thinly and spread over the dish.
- Pour the olive oil equally around the dish.
- place in the oven for 45 minutes.
And there you have it, this dish will take you about 1 hour to prepare…. serve with a crisp and cold glass of rosé and enjoy by a nice summer days out on the terrasse….